Member / Glenn van Zutphen
Glenn is a career international journalist and the Founder of VanMedia Group Pte Ltd, a worldwide media consultancy. He is a recognized crisis communications expert, engaging global speaker, meeting facilitator, and the Brand Guardian.
Over 12 years Glenn has coached more than 1000 high-performing business leaders, journalists, government officials in ASEAN, Europe, North America, Africa, and the Middle East to be confident, concise & captivating communicators.
He speaks on:
* The Brand Guardian... how to minimize the fallout from any crisis
* The Unexpected Future of Communication For Executives in an AI & Digital World
* Communication in a Breaking News World. Lessons for the C-Suite from the Newsroom: Use a Breaking News Mindset to Power Past Your Competition
* Confident, Concise & Captivating Communication: know when to talk, when to listen, when to walk away!
Every business knows that the best customer is a happy customer. They return again and again, bring their friends and family, and deliver tons of free advertising via word of mouth and social media. But in order to grow that loyal base, you must be keenly aware of your customers' needs and preferences.
Drawing on the latest research in the exploding field of positive psychology, Columbia Business School professor Bernd Schmitt and global communication expert Glenn van Zutphen offer three unique approaches any business can use to turning a casual customer into a committed fan:
• The Feel-Good Method: Use the experience of pleasure and positive emotion to hook new customers, and watch those feel-good moments transform an impulsive buyer into a committed loyalist.
• The Values-and-Meaning Method: Attract passionate customers by appealing to their core values, like being socially responsible, protecting the environment, or living a simple life
• The Engagement Method: Get customers to notice a unique or limited offer, immerse them in the experience, and have them share it with friends and family.
Schmitt & van Zutphen show marketers, brand managers, and entrepreneurs how to design an authentic and successful campaign that will reach, grow, and sustain a devoted base of customers.