How do you follow up our fantastic annual convention in May? By a thorough debrief, and by continuing to bring fabulous speakers from around the world to share their knowledge with us. This month we will have a rare double act, Alan and Barbara Pease, plus our very own, recently minted CSP, Philip Merry. The Convention debrief starts at 6pm, the main session starts at 7pm.
How We Find and Sell Bookings Everywhere
A Rare Double Act
Allan & Barbara Pease are Australia's most successful authors, writing 17 Top 10 bestsellers, including 10 number ones. Their books are in 54 languages and have sold over 27 million copies. Their research has been on the cover of magazines from Marketing & Readers Digest to Playboy, Cosmo and Oprah. Official Pease books, training products, fees, consultancies, royalties & services have grossed over $760,000,000.
In this session Allan and Barbara are going to take us through:
- How to find, sell and get keynote speeches
- How to write a Bestseller
- How to get talks in foreign countries
In a speaking career spanning 46 years, Allan has appeared on most international TV talk shows around the world plus CNN, Bloomberg, History Channel, BBC Science, National Geographic, The Late Show, Good Morning America and The David Letterman Show. Positions held by Allan include:
- Honorary Professor of 3 Universities including Moscow State University
- Life Fellow of the Royal Society of the Arts
- Fellow of the Institute of Management
- Fellow of the Life Writers Association
- Fellow of the Institute of learning Practitioners
- Senator of Junior Chamber International
- Paul Harris Fellow
- Founding member NSAA
- Life & Founding member PSA (UK)
- First non-American CSP
- Speakers Hall of Fame inductee
One Size Does NOT Fit All
Cultural Intelligence for Speaking Success in a Global World
Too often we see great speakers in their own country fail to make an impact internationally because they do not take account of local culture. If you aspire to speak or train on the global stage, you need to understand and practice CQ (Cultural Intelligence) in order to adjust your message and approach.
In this interactive session Phil Merry will share lessons from his 35 years’ experience speaking and training in 58 countries, and introduce participants to the latest research on how to develop and practice CQ skills.
- Boost their success in speaking across cultures
- Understand and practice using the 4 CQ skills
- Audit their own cultural values so they can adjust to other's values
- Learn to adapt their message and approach when speaking across cultures
About Philip Merry, CSP, CSPGlobal, MSc.
CEO/Founder of Singapore's Global Leadership Academy, Philip has conducted projects with global organisations for 35 years in 58 countries, helping assess culture's influence on teamwork, performance, conflict, JV's, leadership, partnership and bottom line success. Singapore resident since 1990, Philip has trained thousands of people across the globe in cross-cultural skills; he is Senior Facilitator for the United Nations, Global Faculty Duke Corporate Education; Visiting Faculty Lee Kuan Yew Institute of Policy Studies; Visiting Fellow Roffey Park; Singapore Sole Representative - Belbin Team Roles; Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Coach; Appreciative Inquiry Certified; PhD Research Associate; Author "The Search for Singapore's Happiest People" and a one-time London taxi driver.